What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us. However, if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. "Personally identifiable information" means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- Name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- Your Medcom Benefit Solution user ID and password
- Credit card information
- Any account-preference information you provide us
- Your computer's domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- Session data for your login session so that our computer can 'talk' to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- Not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt-out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- Take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction;
- Not use or disclose the information except:
- As necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- In the aggregate with other information in such a way that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- As required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- As necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- As necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Medcom Benefit Solution, its users, or others, this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) your computer's domain name and IP address. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
We take precautions to protect your information. For example, when you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Despite our efforts, no website, mobile application, database, or system is completely secure or "hacker-proof." You can help keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and securely transmitted to us. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the Web page's address.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers where we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Managing your notifications: If you have a Medcom account or are on any Medcom mailing list, you can opt out of receiving Medcom's marketing communications by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions in the message or by contacting us. Contact details are in the "Contact Us" section below.
Medcom Benefit Solution uses "cookies" to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you may be unable to use some or all of our Web site(s) features.
In some instances, our Platform allows you to log in with or connect your Medcom account with a third-party social media or partner account. If you do so, your use of their technology within our Platform is subject to their terms and policies.
Functional: These cookies are required for basic Platform functionality and are, therefore, always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Platform within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible, as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
Performance: These cookies allow us to improve our Platform's functionality by tracking usage. In some cases, these cookies improve the speed with which we can process your request and allow us to remember Platform preferences you have selected. Refusing these cookies may result in poorly-tailored recommendations and slow Platform performance.
Your browser can help you manage cookies. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Platform more efficient, and some of our services will not function properly. There are also general resources for opting out of interest-based advertising available on the websites of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Similarly, you can adjust your advertising preferences on your mobile device at the device level. For example, to adjust your advertising preferences in iOS, visit Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking. To adjust your advertising preferences in Android, visit Settings > Google > Ads > Opt out of interest-based ads.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third-party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy:
- Do not share your user ID or password with anyone else
- Log off the Medcom Benefit Solution Web site when you are finished
- Take customary precautions to guard against "malware" (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example, by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software
Notice to European Union users
Medcom Benefit Solution's operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing us with personal information, you consent to its storage and use as described herein.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 19 years old to use Medcom Benefit Solution's Web site(s) and service(s). Medcom Benefit Solution does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the [U.S.] Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.)
We share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
We partner with another party to provide specific services. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names or other contact information necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties cannot use personally identifiable information except to provide these services.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for such other sites' content or privacy practices. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Contests
From time to time, our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary, and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (e.g., name and shipping address) and demographic information (e.g., zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used to monitor or improve the use and satisfaction of this site.
Questions or comments?
Thank you for choosing Medcom Benefit Solutions!