Do you want to make the world a more just and sustainable place? Do you want to make an impact on your local communities? We’re happy to announce that Earth Charter is starting their Leadership, Sustainability, and Ethics (LSE) class on September 27! The course is built to give our young leaders all the tools they need to be the ethical and sustainable leaders of tomorrow.
What is Earth Charter?
If you aren’t familiar with Earth Charter, it can be broken down into three main components: The Document, the Education Center, and the Global Community. The Earth Charter Document is a set of values broken down into four categories: Respect and Care for the Community of Life, Social and Economic Justice, Ecological Integrity, and Democracy Nonviolence and Peace. The Education Center offers online sustainability courses, like the Leadership, Sustainability, and Ethics course offered in September! The Global Community centers around the Earth Charter International foundation that connects like-minded people worldwide.
Do I Qualify?
This course is available to adults between 18 and 30 years old, and because this course is online, you can take it from anywhere in the world! It’s designed for young people already working to make the world a better place or ready to get started.
Here are a few other requirements for the course, provided by Earth Charter:
- Have a desire to collaborate and communicate with other young leaders in the field of sustainability.
- Have a good command of the language that the course is in (English, ECI also offers the course in Spanish)
- Be willing to share the knowledge acquired with your context.
- Be willing to be a part of a network of young people.
- Plan a workshop for youth at the end of the course to empower other young people to participate in the Earth Charter Movement.
What You Get
This is a ten-week facilitated online course. Having it facilitated means you have a teacher available to help you at any point during the course. The curriculum is interactive and engaging and gives you plenty of opportunities to work and collaborate with your classmates from around the world!
- Gain knowledge and skill around leadership and sustainability
- Develop an understanding of leadership, sustainability, and ethics
- Gain the ability to communicate the basics about Earth Charter, ECI, and its role in the world
- Use the Earth Charter as a tool for personal growth in your work and personal life
- Facilitate a workshop on leadership
- Grow your network by getting to know inspiring, like-minded individuals who are implementing sustainability through ethical decision making in their communities
- Foster confidence and courage to explore larger roles as a leader
- Upon completion of the course, participants will receive an ECI certificate and an invitation to become an Earth Charter Youth Leader
Now that your interest has piqued, you can register for the course directly on their website, or you can contact us with any questions or if you would like some guidance on signing up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what you need to apply:
- A completed Application Form, which can be found on the website and click “Register Here.”
- Letter of commitment: a letter of commitment must be presented, signed by the applicant, indicating that they commit to complete the course in its entirety. Send the letter to email@example.com.
- Letter of recommendation (if applying for a scholarship): Letter from an organization or institution you work with, stating the commitment of the applicant and their relevant competencies. The letter should not exceed one page and include the contact information of the signatory. Send the letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now is the time to get involved with the Earth Charter and be a part of the next generation of great leaders. Sometimes, it can feel impossible to accomplish great things on your own, so meet your future co-leaders with the Leadership, Sustainability, and Ethics course offered by Earth Charter International.
Can’t take the course but still want to show your support? Donate to the Earth Charter Crowdfunding Campaign and help fund education for Young Leaders!